Friday
Posted: Saturday, 17 July 2010 by Sharkyra Kid in
0
Today, Friday of the third week a.k.a the last day we were at the paediatrics department (wahhh... be in the dept already...) So, I volunteered myself to present the case I clerked yesterday - I went to the hospital at night, thanks to my housemates Din and Belle! =) Well at least they get some new experiences being in the hospital at night. Din even had a chance to clerk a febrile patient who had a sister who is currently having an interesting disease but I couldn't recall what is her condition.
Last presentation of the case with Dr H... ok. Nothing much. Oh, I was asked to do the general and abdominal examination but I don't know what had happen with me, I couldn't do it correctly! I couldn't do it smoothly because I had confused which I should do and which I should not do. But the worst case scenario was I could not manage to do a good percussion! Oh.. all my colleagues, ALL were gathered closely around me to listen to the either resonance or dullness of the abdomen - of course we were listening to the abdomen, it IS abdominal examination in fact! :p but me myself was barely able to hear my own percussion.. haih! Bad, bad...
LOL.. adding some more! I forgot to ballot both kidneys, forgot to auscultate the bowel sounds~ all thing that I remembered, ask the patient to cough and check for hernia and examine the genitalia for a short while. But overall, paeds are fun, exciting when it comes to just chatting and playing around with the kids. =) When it comes to clerking, I bet every dept would have the same thought.
Tonight, I had to refuse an invitation - wah... aggravating! No lah, a groupmate asked me to join him for a dinner but we girls were a few minutes ahead planning for dinner - well, this is somehow a small celebrating after 3 weeks in paediatrics! Then I went into Body Shop and see their newly launched Vitamin C skin care products! But I am not their skin care products' fan so I did not get any overexcited reaction. =) I only react when it comes to their perfumes! I think I can get along with flowery scents. But I did not buy anything there because I still have my Oceanus perfume oil! :P
Coming back after dinner, chatted with a guy. Love to chat with him because he often made my day. He is hilarious and I can cope up with his jokes. And sometimes I felt we can synchronized each other well.*wekkk* Haha! Really appreciate him - I would do anything just to show how much I appreciate him because he helped me a lot. And tonight he made me laugh again! But suddenly he went off - he always do that though. :P
Ok. I'm off for now. It looks like an English essay now. :P